What is Active Journeys?
In October 2017, St David's became an Active Journeys school. Active Journeys is a three-year programme. The aim of working with Sustrans in this way is to expect the percentage of pupils who are usually driven to school to reduce by 10%.
- guidance and support to address specific travel issues around the school
- activities and lessons focused on active travel
- incentives for the school community that promote cycling, walking and scooting
- access to activity guides, curriculum support materials and on-line challenges
As an Active Journeys School we:
- complete annual travel surveys
- establish at least two Active Journeys Champions. These are Mr Shepherd, Mrs Tasker & Mrs Newman.
- involve pupils in planning (Active Journeys School)
- now provide storage facilities for Scooters and Bike Racks.
- actively promote active travel through assemblies and activities
- provide an opportunity for bikes & scooters to be safety checked regularly